- A drug is a drug (even sex).
- An addict is a sick human being trying to get well, not a bad one trying to be good.
- Acceptance is the answer to all my problems today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing or situation - some fact of my life unacceptable to me & I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing or situation as being exactly the way it is suppose to be at this moment. Nothing, absolutely nothing, happens in God's world by mistake.
- Addictive Sex is a perfect solvent: It dissolves marriages, families, & careers.
- Addictions are the only diseases that try to convince you that you don't have them.
- An addict is someone whose feet are firmly planted in thin air.
- An ingrate is someone who bites the hand that feeds him then complains of indigestion.
- Call your sponsor before you act out.
- Courage is not the absence of fear, but the ability to overcome it.
- Cunning, Baffling, Powerful, & Persistent.
- Death, Insanity or Recovery.
- Denial is Not a River in Egypt.
- Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
- Do what you did & get what you got.
- Don't use even if your ass falls off.
- Don't act out, don't think & go to meetings.
- Don't give up before the miracle happens.
- Embrace the journey.
- Everything happens for a reason.
- Faith chases away fear.
- Faith without works is dead.
- Fake it 'til you make it.
- Get to the meeting early & go to the meeting after the meeting.
- God speaks through other people.
- God will not close one door without opening another.
- Gratitude, that's the attitude.
- Do the next right thing.
- Half measures availed us nothing.
- Happy, Joyous & Free.
- He who laughs... lasts.
- Humility is not thinking less of yourself, but thinking of yourself less.
- I came, I came to, I came to believe.
- I like to get a good jump on worrying about something.
- I need just enough sex to tide me over & then I need MORE.
- If I woke up today feeling like I did every day when I was acting out, I'd take myself to the emergency room.
- If you don't want to slip, stay away from slippery places.
- If you wonder if you're an addict, you probably are.
- If you don't have a higher power, borrow mine.
- I'm really a very persuasive person; I can convince myself of anything.
- Insanity is defined as doing the same thing over & over again, expecting different results.
- It gets better.
- It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves & it's impossible to find it elsewhere.
- It's okay to look back at the past - just don't stare at it.
- Just for today.
- Keep coming back, it works if you work it.
- Keep it simple.
- Keep your hands in your pants & give the newcomer a chance.
- Let go & let God.
- Live for today. Yesterday's history. Tomorrow's a mystery.
- Live life on life's terms.
- None of us came here on a winning streak.
- Ninety meetings in ninety days.
- Not everything that is faced can be changed but nothing can be. changed until it is faced.
- Once an addict, always an addict.
- One Day at a Time.
- Pray daily, God is easier to talk to than most people.
- Progress, not perfection.
- Put one foot in front of the other.
- Recovery is a journey, Not a destination.
- Resentment is like letting someone live rent-free in your head.
- Serenity is not freedom from the storm but peace amid the storm.
- Short version of the Serenity Prayer - "Screw it".
- Sobriety is not for people who need it, it's for people who want it.
- Steps 1, 2 & 3: I can't, God can. I think I'll let Him.
- Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.
- The easier, softer way is one through twelve.
- The elevator's broken, take the steps.
- The fear of feeling the pain is worse than the pain itself.
- The mind is like a parachute, it works better when it's open.
- The pain is the arrow coming out, not the arrow going in.
- This too shall pass.
- The definition of an addict: an egomaniac with an inferiority complex.
- Time takes time.
- Trust God.
- Try to be grateful & resentful at the same time, you can't serve two masters.
- Today, "we" have a choice.
- Turn it over.
- Two things you have to do to become an old-timer: don't use & don't die.
- Unity, Service & Recovery.
- Unless I accept my virtues, I will be overwhelmed with my faults.
- We have to give it away to keep it.
- We'll love you until you learn to love yourself.
- We're only as sick as our secrets.
- We're not human beings sharing a spiritual experience...but spiritual beings sharing a human experience.
- What if there is no God? Believe anyway.
- When you are in it up to your ears, keep your mouth shut.
- When we were using, we didn't have relationships, we took prisoners & held hostages.
- Where do I find recovery? Twelve steps past any lengths.
- Worry doesn't prevent disaster; it prevents joy.
- Write a gratitude list & count your blessings.
- You are right where you are supposed to be.
- You can always tell an addict, but you can't tell him much.
- You can't think your way into a new way of living...You have to live your way into a new way of thinking.
- You reap what you sow.